So if for whatever reason you didn’t know, on Sunday night the 88th Academy Awards took place in Hollywood. Every year the Oscars creates a big spectacle amongst fans worldwide, but this year more so than usual. I was awoken on Monday morning to find the internet set alight with Oscar Buzz; 25% aimed at the fashion that walked the carpet and the other 75% rejoicing in Leo Di Caprio’s win for Best Actor – yaaaaas! I’m hovering somewhere in the midst of these two majorities.
This awards season I have been completely underwhelmed when it comes to the fashion, apart from a few knock out looks here and there, it has been pretty dismal. Finally by the time the Academy Awards rolled around, we got to see some great looks. This was the game changer I have been waiting for! There were so many divine looks this weekend that I decided to focus on that, lets not even acknowledge the misfortunate looks, and dedicate this post to the stylish trends gracing our screens.
When it comes to knighting the Academy Awards’ ‘belle of the ball’, this year deemed itself to be a critic’s worst nightmare and a fashionista’s paradise. So many gorgeous and fashion forward creations you don’t know which one to chose from! But you know the drill, someone is always going to stand out from the others just that little bit extra.
And the Oscar goes to…
JLaw stole the Oscar’s for me not only because she looks bomb, but because she finally stepped up her game and showed us what she is really all about. Apart from the odd mishap here and there, she has never looked bad before, she has just never really blown me away either. So up until this weekend I was seriously unconvinced she was a hot commodity to the fashion industry. This sheer lace Dior gown was the perfect ensemble for the occasion, accessorised with her sleek long bob and fresh face – around of applause for JLaw! (Patiently waiting for Leo and Jen to get together and all will be right in the world).
When all is said and done, Jen might have stolen the Oscars themselves, but we all know that the annual Vanity Fair Oscars After-Party is where the night really starts. Have a look at the alluring and basically indescribable Emily Ratajkowshi. There is not much to say other than, THAT is how you show up to an After-Party.